1. Treat yourself the way you would treat your best friend. How do you think and talk to yourself on a day to day basis? Do you treat yourself with love care and compassion or with negativity and criticism? How we speak to ourselves matters and reinforces our relationship with ourselves. Challenge yourself to change the way you treat yourself to the way you would treat your best friend and get ready to feel a major shift!
2. Say ‘I love you’ to yourself. Sure this one can sound a little weird or woo woo if you’ve never done it before, but just try it! Step in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say ‘I love you’ three times. Do this daily for a week upon waking up or until you feel like you really mean it!
3. Quit the comparisons. Self-love is a superpower and like any superpower it has it’s very own cryptonite, ‘Comparison’. Comparing yourself mentally, physically or spiritually is the fasted way to slow down the self-love process. Realise that you are on your own journey and your own unique path, everything happens in the right and divine timing for you, trust the process and stop comparing yourself. Remember you can’t compare your chapter one to someone else’s chapter 20!
4. Meditate! Meditation is the ultimate self-love practice, it’s a beautiful practice that puts aside time and energy to go deep within ourselves. For me personally meditation started my whole self-love journey, and the practice of meditation changed my life! If you want to begin your meditation journey, you can check out my free self love challenge on at the moment with my company @MINDSPO just got to www.mindspo.com/self-love-challenge/ to sign up and you’ll also get a 2 week free trial of our Mindspo 2.0 Membership ‘the gym membership for your mind’.
5. Treat yourself! Why wait for someone else to treat you when you can treat yourself. Buy yourself some flowers, book in a massage or get yourself that PT you’ve been talking about. Do whatever it is you desire to really nourish yourself and show love within the most important relationship you will ever have, your relationship with you!
Follow more of Rochelle Fox here: